Don’t let a clogged toilet ruin your day. The experts at PlumbCrazy have you covered. With emergency plumbing service available, we can make sure you are never inconvenienced by a clogged toilet.
Looking to replace your toilet altogether? Visit our bathroom remodeling page for more information and call us for personalized solutions!
Common Causes for Clogged Toilets
One of the most common plumbing problems we encounter are clogged toilets. There are many possible causes for clogged toilets but some of the most common reasons are as follows:
- Foreign objects: Children are still learning when it comes to using the toilet, so it’s sometimes possible for them to experiment by flushing items like toys or other non-flushable things down the toilet.
- Simple clogs: Something as simple as flushing too much toilet paper, or flushing a diaper or something else that is non-water soluble can cause a serious clog.
If you feel your toilet is clogged, call the team at PlumbCrazy, we can get you back up and running in no time.
How to Fix a Clogged Toilet
We’ve all been there. You flush the toilet and watch in horror as the bowl slowly fills. A toilet clog is a common household plumbing problem and depending on the severity and cause, it’s one that you can often deal with yourself. Here are some common tips for dealing with a clogged toilet.
- Stop The Overflow: If the bowl is filling up, and it’s about to overflow, shut off the water behind the toilet to avoid a flood in the bathroom. Or take off the lid and close the flapper to stop the flow of water.
- Grab The Plunger: The handy plunger is your first step to fix a clogged toilet. Place the plunger in the bowl and gently push up and down to remove the clog. Using a plunger with a flange is best for this work, but a standard plunger will do too.
- Baking Soda & Vinegar: If you don’t have a plunger, try putting a cup of baking soda to the water and then after a few minutes, add two cups of vinegar. Let the mixture sit for a few minutes and flush.
- Dish Soap & Hot Water: Heat up a gallon of water and squirt dish soap into the toilet. Make the water hot, but not boiling, then pour it into the toilet bowl. Let it sit for a few minutes and flush.
If the above methods don’t work, then call a professional like PlumbCrazy to make your toilet function again.
How Do We Do It?
When you call PlumbCrazy to handle your clogged toilet emergency, our experts will promptly arrive. We will assess the situation and get to the root cause of the problem. Once repairing the toilet we can make suggestions on how to prevent clogs from happening in the future.
Clogged toilets may seem like a small issue, but they can lead to major disasters! Give us a call us for all of your emergency plumbing needs.
Ways to Prevent Clogs
While some plumbing issues happen no matter what, a clogged toilet is something we can work to prevent. In most cases simply altering your behavior or taking extra precautions can prevent clogs. Try some of these tips and tricks:
- Install childproof locks on the toilet to prevent children from flushing things they shouldn’t.
- Use less toilet paper if possible, or switch to a thinner brand.
- Place a garbage can beside the toilet for non-water soluble items such as diapers and paper towel.
- Flush twice if needed. While water conservation is one everyone’s mind, flushing twice every now and then will not be too harmful.
By becoming a little more careful with what goes in your toilet you can prevent clogs from occurring in the first place.