At PlumbCrazy, we understand that emergencies often do not wait for business hours. A burst pipe or clogged toilet can happen at almost any time. We want to make sure our customers in Abingdon, MD, and Bel Air, MD feel confident that their homes are protected by the best plumbing experts in the business. The technicians at PlumbCrazy have around the clock access to a warehouse and shop every day, meaning they will always arrive with the tools and parts required to complete your repair.
Prevent plumbing disasters with reliable drain cleaning maintenance from our certified technicians. Call us for no mess left behind service!
What Causes Burst Pipes?
A burst pipe can be one of the most damaging plumbing emergencies there is. In seconds a burst pipe can flood parts of your home causing damage and headaches. While a burst pipe can happen at any time, the most common reason for it to happen is when pipes are exposed to cold weather.
Freezing temperatures can freeze the water in your pipes, causing the ice to expand and put pressure on the pipe walls. After a while, the pressure becomes too much and the pipe will rupture, causing a burst pipe emergency.
How to Prevent a Clogged Toilet?
One of the most common plumbing emergencies we face is clogged toilets. Since your toilet is probably the most used plumbing component in your home, when it’s broken or clogged, it can create a panic in the house.
Some tips and tricks you can try to prevent clogged toilets include:
- Installing childproof locks so your children cannot play with the toilet and flush foreign objects when you aren’t looking.
- Use less toilet paper if possible.
- Put a garbage can beside the toilet to flush all the non-water-soluble items you may have, such as diapers and paper towels.
- Flush twice if needed.
- Switch to a thinner toilet paper rather than the thicker kinds.
At PlumbCrazy, our technicians can diagnose your clogged toilet problem and recommend an ongoing effort on how best to keep it from clogging. If your toilet is constantly clogging, it may be time to consider a replacement.
Save yourself a headache! Avoid water damage or flooding in your home with PlumbCrazy's burst pipe service. Schedule your next appointment with us!
Common Causes of Clogged Drains
Homeowners call plumbers for clogged drains more than any other plumbing problem. Here are the most common causes of clogged drains and what you can do to prevent them.
- Hair: Hair is the most common cause of clogged drains in the bathroom. Hair gets tangled up with grease and soap scum to create a thick blockage that’s tough to get rid of.
- Soap: Many soaps are still made with grease or fat, both of which clog pipes when it combines with the minerals in your water. If you use liquid soap or other types of body washes, you can eliminate this problem.
- Food Debris: Many people drop food waste and debris down the kitchen sink, and when this combines with cooking grease and fat, it causes clogs. Use a garbage disposal to break up waste or throw it in the trash instead.
- Minerals: If your municipal water is hard, meaning it contains a high concentration of minerals, they can build up and clog your pipes. Try a water softener to alleviate this problem.
- Non-Flushable Items: Toilet clogs are most often caused by people flushing things like personal wipes and sanitary napkins down. The only things you should flush down the toilet are human waste and toilet paper.
If your drains are clogged, and you’ve tried everything you can to fix them, call PlumbCrazy and ask about our professional drain cleaning services today.