With over 30 years of experience in the plumbing industry, the professionals at PlumbCrazy have been able to witness many innovations and improvements. None are as helpful as the tankless water heater. Our technicians specialize in the installation and repair of tankless water heaters in the Abingdon, MD and Bel Air, MD area.
If you prefer a traditional water heater in your home, PlumbCrazy can install, repair, and service your system too!
How Does a Tankless Water Heater Work?
With a traditional water heater, there is a water tank attached that hold water that will be heated once requested from the tap. A tankless water heater cuts this part out. Connecting directly to your plumbing, a tankless water heater only heats water as it’s being requested. Multiple heating elements quickly turn on when you request hot water, heating the water to the temperature you like before getting pumped back through your pipes to your faucet.
Benefits of a Tankless Water Heater
There are many benefits and advantages to installing a tankless water heater. Some of these benefits include:
- Saving Money: Since you are only heating the water that you use, you will save energy costs each month because you no longer need to heat the full water tank.
- Space Saving: A tankless unit cuts out the tank and connects directly to your plumbing leaving more room in your home for storage or other things.
- Unlimited Hot Water: Anyone who is last in line to a take a shower knows the perils of running out of hot water. With a tankless water heater, you will never run out, since you do not need to wait for the tank to fill.
Ask your trusted professionals at PlumbCrazy today if your home could benefit from a tankless water heater.
Keep your water clean, and extend the life of your tankless water heater, with a whole home water filtration system.
Who Should Install One?
A tankless water heater will last about 5 to 10 years longer than a traditional unit and is ideal for many different types of families. Some homeowners who would best see the benefits of going tankless are:
- Large families who use a lot of hot water during the day.
- People looking to reduce their carbon footprint and save money on energy costs.
- Smaller homes that need to conserve space.
Is a Tankless Water Heater Better Than Conventional?
Most homes use a storage-tank water heater to provide them with hot water. Traditional tank heaters are inexpensive, effective, easy to install, and ubiquitous. However, tank heaters have their limitations, the main one being that they run out of hot water under heavy use. If you have a large family that uses a lot of hot water, this can be an issue.
Many homeowners are turning to tankless water heaters to overcome this limitation, but is this a smart move and are they better than conventional water heaters? Consider these points:
- Tankless water heaters are more energy efficient which means money savings on your energy bill.
- Tankless models provide unlimited hot water which is perfect for families who are in and out of the shower all morning long.
- While tankless units are more expensive to install, they have a longer life expectancy than storage tank heaters - 20 to 30 years vs. 12 to 15 years.
- With tankless water heaters, there’s no waiting time for the water to get hot. You turn on the hot water and you get hot water instantly.
- If you have a small home or apartment in which it would be difficult to fit a storage tank heater, a tankless water heater is small and fits almost anywhere.
While tankless water heaters aren’t right for every situation, they’re becoming more popular. If you’re curious whether these modern water heaters is right for you, call the experts at PlumbCrazy and let us assess your home’s needs and recommend a system that’s best for you.