As a homeowner, there is nothing more frustrating than trying to figure out a sewer line problem. At PlumbCrazy in Bel Air, MD and Abingdon, MD we take care of the guesswork and provide solid sewer line solutions at affordable prices.
Consider our whole home repiping services if your home has recurring pipe leaks. Call our specialists for individualized solutions and top-notch customer service.
Sewer Main Problems
Don't let clogged or broken sewer lines ruin your life or home. With the newest technology and equipment, we can see what and where the problem is. This will let us determine what the best course of action will be to eliminate those costly backups.
Don't Just Snake It and Wait - the Clog Will Return
With our sewer inspection cameras, we can find out what the problem is and make the right repair to keep the clog from returning when you least expect it.
Fix It or Replace It?
In some instances, the sewer line can be fixed if the repairs are made before the problem gets to an advanced stage. There are some repairs that can even be made from the inside of the pipe without digging.
Call Now For a Free Estimate
Let our sewer experts help you decide what your best options are.
Are You Buying a New Home or a Hidden Problem?
Sewer backups are not only costly due to the repairs outside the home, but the potential cleanup inside the home also. When buying a home, you should consider having the line inspected with a sewer camera. You can avoid buying someone else's problem, especially after you just spent your savings to put down on your new house. By running a camera through the drain line, we can inspect and determine if there is a potential problem before you settle on the purchase.
One of the most common signs of a gas leak is a rotten smell throughout your home. Don't wait for it to get worse and call our specialists for prompt service.
What Causes Sewer Line Problems?
There are many reasons your sewer line can be compromised and not work efficiently. Some of the most common reasons include:
- Tree Roots: We always recommend that homeowners do not plant trees or other vegetation near their sewer line. The reason is that a root system will always reach for the nearest water source, even if it means bursting through your sewer pipes to get it. This can cause serious disruptions and repairs.
- Old Pipes: Over time your pipes will be subject to wear and tear. Your pipes can become corroded or worn out. Especially if you use chemical drain cleaners.
- Temperature Changes: A rapid increase in temperature can cause the ground to shift and can impact the piping system.
Other causes for sewer line problems are completely avoidable. Digging around the area and hitting a pipe is all too common.
Signs You Need Sewer Line Work
If there was ever an upside to needing sewer line repairs, it’s the fact that a problem is easy to spot. Your sewer line will do a pretty good job letting you know something is wrong. Keep an eye out for problems such as these:
- Standing water or slow draining water in your sink, tub or shower.
- Roots, branches, dirt or other debris backflowing from your drains.
- Gurgling sounds coming from your pipes.
If you notice any of these problems, you may have a sewer line blockage or disruption. Call the experts at PlumbCrazy today for a diagnosis and repair.
How to Prevent Sewer Line Problems
The best way to prevent an unexpected sewer line issue is by investing in maintenance. The team at PlumbCrazy can inspect and maintain your pipe system, making sure there are no nasty surprises waiting for you. We recommend annual maintenance to help prevent clogs or ruptures, as well as being extra careful while digging or performing any kind of underground construction in your yard.