A slab leak is a homeowner's worst nightmare. If you suspect a leak below the concrete slab in your home, call the experts at PlumbCrazy right away. This cannot wait. Our technicians will quickly locate the leak and repair it before serious damage occurs.
Don't wait until Monday morning to get your slab leak fixed! Ask about our emergency plumbing services, and get it taken care of right away!
Why Are Slab Leaks Serious?
A slab leak is a water leak below the concrete slab in your home. While all leaks can cause serious damage and headaches for homeowners, a slab leak is especially serious. Water flowing below your concrete slab can wash away important dirt that is holding up the foundation of your home. If left for too long, the damage of a slab leak can be monumental. This is why it’s important to notice the signs and get it taken care of ASAP.
Signs of a Slab Leak
If you are experiencing any of the following signs in your home, you may have a slab leak:
- The sound of water rushing behind your walls
- Mold growing on the floor or walls
- Water stains
- Noticing a higher than normal water bill
- Warm or cold spots on your walls or floor
- Standing water near the foundation of your home
Any of these signs could mean a slab leak. Call a professional right away to inspect it.
Let PlumbCrazy's specialists handle your burst pipe problems. With individualized attention and personalized solutions, we got you covered!
What Causes a Slab Leak?
Leaks in your home have many causes. Some of the common causes for slab leaks include:
- Broken pipes: Over time your pipes may corrode or break. This process can be sped up by the use of over the counter chemical drain cleaner.
- Vibrations: Water travelling through the pipes can cause vibrations. The pipes can rub against rebar and begin to wear out, eventually rupturing.
- Change in pressure: A sudden change in pressure from an earthquake or construction can cause pipes to become crushed or rupture. Slab leaks are often found at the joints or elbows of your pipes, as in most cases this is the weakest point.