Nothing is more important than keeping your family safe and healthy. Making sure the water you consume is pure and safe is one of the best ways to do that. At PlumbCrazy in Bel Air, MD and Abingdon, MD we specialize in the installation and repair of a wide variety of water filtration systems.
Avoiding having bad smelling or tasting water in your home with our water softener solutions. Call our team to schedule your appointment!
What Is a Water Filtration System?
Almost exactly how it sounds, a water filtration system filters and purifies the water entering your home. Different filters work in different ways and are ideal for things like swimming pools, irrigation, washing, and drinking. Using different methods, water filtration units can neutralize minerals and impurities or filter sediment and bacteria from entering your home water system.
Types of Water Filtration Systems
At PlumbCrazy we specialize in the installation of the following types of water filtration systems. They all have different benefits and advantages. Your trusted professional at PlumbCrazy can help you decide which system would work best for you.
- Carbon Filters: Having water pass through several layers of active carbon works to purify it. The carbon will trap and keep impurities and bacteria from entering your water.
- Reverse Osmosis: This method works by passing the water through a membrane and then pumping it back into your plumbing. Reverse osmosis is perfect for purifying water with multi-purposes such as gardening, drinking and washing.
- Water Softeners: Using salt and a separate tank, a water softener neutralizes the minerals that make your water hard such as magnesium and calcium.
Did you know that shifting pipes can cause major water leaks? Rely on PlumbCrazy for a water leak detection service in your home.
Benefits of Water Filtration
Many homeowners count on a water filtration system to purify their water. Some of the benefits of a water filtration system include:
- Illness prevention: A water filtration can remove any bacteria or disease that can be transferred through the water. This means your family is better protected against illness and disease.
- Clean water: With a filtration system, you can always be assured that your water is clean and safe to drink. They will ensure your clothes and dishes are cleaned properly and that your garden water is free of impurities.
- Money saving: If you’re unsure of the quality of your water, you may be tempted to purchase bottled water to drink. With a water filtration system, you can save money each month on bottled water costs.