Your kitchen is the hub of your home. It’s where all your meals are prepared and your family can enjoy some time together. Don’t let frustrating plumbing problems get in the way of effortless meal preparation and clean up. Whether you need assistance with your garbage disposal, sink or faucet, the experts at PlumbCrazy can help.
Keep your kitchen sink safe from clogging! Check out our drain cleaning solutions before giving us a call today.
Common Garbage Disposal Problems
To have an efficient after-meal cleanup, you rely on your garbage disposal. When it’s not working properly it can be frustrating and disruptive to your routine. Some common garbage disposal problems include:
- Jamming: If something hard like shells or bones are put in the disposal, or if too much of something is put in the disposal, it can jam.
- Not turning on: Having a disposal that is not turning on is a sign of a more complicated mechanical failure. Call the professionals at PlumbCrazy as soon as possible if this is the case.
- Leaking: Broken o-rings, seals or valves can all cause your disposal to leak. This needs to be handled quickly to prevent water damage or mold from ruining your sink or counter.
Tips to Prevent Garbage Disposal Problems
Follow these tips to keep your garbage disposal working smoothly all the time:
- Only put soft, organic material in the disposal.
- If you have a lot to dispose of, do it in stages.
- Run water through the disposal when you are finished using it to clean the blades.
- Grinding up a cup of ice cubes helps to keep the disposal clean and to reduce odors.
- Never put your hand in the disposal.
Should You Replace or Repair Your Faucets?
Many homeowners change their fixtures and faucets for design purposes. Newer, more modern faucets can bring a kitchen together and give it a quick update. Other reasons to replace your faucets include if it is leaking and causing damage to your countertops or if the current faucets are requiring frequent repairs.
Once you have the kitchen of your dreams, consider our professional bathroom remodeling service as well. Call our team for personalized and friendly advice!
When to Replace Your Sink
Similar to the faucets, many homeowners opt to switch their sink for the aesthetic. Choosing a sink that is modern and matches your decor is important in making the space feel welcoming. Much like other appliances in your home, the sink will eventually start to show signs of wear and tear. A loose seal flange or broken drain basket or leaking sink are all good reasons to replace it.