With 30 years of experience in the Towson, MD area, PlumbCrazy is well-versed in the plumbing needs of area homeowners. From efficient repairs to comprehensive maintenance and remodeling, PlumbCrazy has everything you need to keep your plumbing in good condition and working properly for years to come.
For convenient plumbing solutions, trust PlumbCrazy! Go to our About Us page to learn how we provide customers with quality service.
Signs You May Have a Gas Leak
A gas leak is a serious plumbing emergency. Breathing the fumes can be dangerous and even lethal. If you are experiencing any of the following issues in your home, call an expert right away and evacuate your home. Protect your family and pets, keep an eye out for these signs:
- Rotten egg smell
- Dead grass or vegetation in your yard near the gas line
- Hissing sound coming from the pipes
Most Common Septic Tank Issues
Rural homeowners can enjoy the benefits and advantages of a septic tank, however, there are some issues that warrant repairs. Some of the most common septic tank issues we see include:
- Incorrect usage: Flushing grease or other non water soluble items can cause serious problems to the unit.
- Improper installation: We see many units installed incorrectly and work to fix mistakes made by past companies.
- Tree roots: Roots can punch holes in your septic tank, causing draining and leaking issues.
- Irregular maintenance: A septic tank needs to be cleaned and maintained regularly. We recommend having your tank cleaned at least once every two years for a standard tank and as often as once per year for smaller tanks.
Get back to your routine in no time with our emergency service! Visit our Contact Us page for fast support and personalized solutions.
Types of Water Filtration Systems
There are three main types of water filtration systems available. They include the following:
- Reverse osmosis pumps water through a membrane before it’s pumped back into your plumbing will make sure that bacteria and impurities get caught before making it to your taps.
- Water softeners use salts to neutralize harmful minerals and sediment that are in your water. The sodium ions bind to the magnesium or calcium ions in your water to neutralize them and make your water safe to use.
- Carbon filters use layers of active carbon to trap impurities in your water, making it safe to consume and use.
Tips for Maintaining Your Water Heater
No one wants to deal with a failed water heater, but it happens too often and it’s a huge inconvenience to not have hot water, especially if you have a big family. The average hot water heater lasts 12 to 15 years, and with proper maintenance, you can be sure your heater runs efficiently and lasts for as long as possible while giving you reliable service. Here are a few tips on keeping your water heater in tip-top shape.
- Check the Pressure Valve: Whether you have a gas or electric water heater, it will have a safety device called the pressure relief valve. This valve prevents an explosion if the pressure inside the tank becomes too high. Check this valve regularly to make sure it’s working and replace it if it fails.
- Flush the Tank: Over time, sediment builds up in your tank which leads to your water heater becoming less efficient and eventually failing. Flushing and cleaning out the tank takes care of this problem and extends the life of the unit.
- Insulate: Beefing up your water heater’s insulation takes strain off the system when it’s cooler inside your house. Less stress on the heater means a longer lifespan.
Your water heater should provide you and your family with faithful service for at least ten years with no trouble, but by taking a few minutes once a year, you can extend your water heater’s lifespan to give you the maximum service.
Additional Towson, MD Plumbing Services
- Emergency Plumbing Services
- Water Heater Installation & Repair
- Tankless Water Heater Installation
- Backflow Testing & Certification
- Bathroom Remodeling Services
- Burst Pipe Repair
- Clogged Toilet Repair
- Drain Cleaning
- Gas Line Installation & Repair
- Kitchen Plumbing Services
- Slab Leak Repair
- Sewer Line Repair & Installation
- Sump Pump Services
- Water Leak Detection
- Water Filtration Systems
- Water Softener Services
for Towson, MD
Great service and thoughtful advice
Scott - Towson, MD
Response from PlumbCrazy:
Thanks for the five star review. We truly appreciate your business.
Rich - Towson, MD
We did not expect same day service on a Saturday but Benny return my call within 15 minutes of my initial call; Benny informed me of the Weekend rates to be sure we understood and he was at our house within the hour. He explained what our problem was and how he planned to fix it and the estimated cost and proceeded to complete the job within 2 1/2 hours all by himself. He installed a new sewer pump, gave us the paperwork. We are very pleased with Benny’s work! Thank you for being a Company that attracts and keeps such a conscientious employee!
Response from PlumbCrazy:
Thanks so much for posting this excellent detailed review. We'll be sure to pass it on to Benny. We truly appreciate your business!
Walter - Towson, MD
Arrived on time , went right to work and solved the problem. Also gave me some good preventative tips to avoid future backups.
Chris C & Jordan performance review
Shalonda - Towson, MD
Chris C. and Jordan did an amazing job. They were thorough, resolved issues on the spot and were friendly
Response from PlumbCrazy:
Thank you for the kind words. We aim to please
Used Plumb Crazy for gas fireplace service
Kathryn - Towson, MD
We have 3 gas fireplaces and I like to have them checked every year to make sure they are clean and operating well. Plumb Crazy is my go to company. This year the technician was Perry Shaffer and he was fabulous!!!! He was prompt (even called to let me know when he would be arriving), courteous, respectful of my home and very knowledgeable!! Plumb Crazy May be on the higher end of pricing (however, not out of range), but they are absolutely worth it!!! I know that I’m getting a great job done by a knowledgable and reputable company. I know will be using them again. I would highly recommend them.
Toilet in the basement bubbles when toilet upstairs is flushed.
Garbage disposal stopped working.
Sewer ejector pump not working.
Multiple plumbing problems